Smithsburg encompasses all that makes a small town wonderful, memorable and desirable. We are about family, community and pride. We are Leopards.
This scholarship celebrates the heart and soul of our Smithsburg community: Leopard Life.
The Smithsburg Days committee is offering two, $250 scholarships to celebrate the exciting futures of our Leopards. The guidelines are as follows:
- Student must be a current senior to apply
- Student must have a GPA of 2.7 or higher
- Student must plan to attend college or technical school within 2 years following his or her high school graduation
- Student must attend Smithsburg High School
- Scholarship will be paid directly to the school
Our scholarship application contains two parts: The information submission included in the email, and the essay submission itself. The deadline to submit your application is April 1st. The winners will be notified by May 15th and will be recognized at Smithsburg Days on Saturday, June 15th 2019.
Please follow these directions:
You must submit an essay, 400-750 words in length, titled "Hometown Pride" and it should explain what hometown pride means to you, and why it is important for a community to thrive.
Please submit as a Word Document and attach it to an email and send to: email@example.com.
In the email, please include the following:
- Name, address and phone number
- Email address
- Your grade and current GPA
- School you will attend after graduation
- Birth date
- Short paragraph stating why you would like to win the LeopardLife Scholarship