Smithsburg encompasses all that makes a small town wonderful, memorable and desirable. We are about family, community and pride. We are Leopards.
This scholarship celebrates the heart and soul of our Smithsburg community: Leopard Life.
The Smithsburg Days committee is offering a $500 scholarship to celebrate the exciting futures of our Leopards. The guidelines are as follows:
- Student must be a current senior to apply
- Student must have a GPA of 2.7 or higher
- Student must plan to attend college or technical school within 2 years following his or her high school graduation
- Student must attend Smithsburg High School
- Scholarship will be paid directly to the school
Our scholarship application contains two parts: The information submission and the essay submission. The deadline to submit your application is April 30th. The winners will be notified by May 30th.
Please follow these directions:
You must submit an essay, 250-500 words in length, titled "Hometown Pride" and it should explain what hometown pride means to you, and why it is important for a community to thrive.
Please type this on a word doc or similar program and attach it to an email and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the email, please include the following:
- Name, address and phone number
- Email address
- Your grade and current GPA
- School you will attend after graduation (if known)
- Birth date
- Short paragraph stating why you would like to win the LeopardLife Scholarship